Tuesday 7 December 2010

Balm

Xavier Rudd wasn't as good as when Maya was there. He seemed less enthusiastic. Less dancing - still some, he was still him, but he wasn't yanking people out of the crowd, he wasn't drinking funny tea, he wasn't in love with us. Maybe there were loads of technical hitches, and the fact that most of the crowd couldn't see him as the stage was too low must have been annoying, but... it made me sad. I probably annoyed the people I was with through comparisons. Ben Howard attracted more attention though - more of the crowd seemed to know him. Which was lovely. Still, they're such beautiful people, spinning through life happy happy happy I love the peace of their energy. And Xavier's first two just him songs were amazing. Amazing didgeridoo and bass drum and everything...

I can't wait for Johnny Flynn this Sunday. Determined to get there at least 20 minutes early. Might have to take a taxi from Jess's birthday festivities. I have to get better for it.

Last night I slept through most of it, only woke up 3 times, and only one of those had paranoia and coughing fits sprouting from it. My mattress is ridiculously uncomfortable, and for some reason I got the idea in my head that there was a person hiding beneath it with a chainsaw (I shouldn't have watched that smidgen of American Psycho...). Then I had a nightmare about dead babies because of Will and Tom's jokes about it, and because of that scene in The Omen... shudderful...

Now my lip balm is making me feel ill. The Dr said that it was a viral infection so she could only treat the symptoms. Hocus pocus.

And now people are thinking about Chiristmas presents. Fuck. 50 quid left in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment