Wednesday 15 December 2010

I'm melting! Mellllting!

Things I would like to eat:

A huge peach.
Corn on the cob, in California.
Chicken and mayonnaise and lettuce in between to thick slabs of white bread, fried.
Tonnes of sushi.
Really fancy fish dish de loup from the french cafe in Newbury, with a delicate white wine.
A whole pound bar of dark chocolate with almonds.
Churros and chocolate.
A proper Californian Mexican burrito, with all the beans and rice and jalapenos and stuff.
A teeny really delicate chocolate mousse.

What I have which I could eat:

Mouldy cheese in ancient wraps
Baked beans... could be put into wraps
Chille peppers
Porridge
Breadsticks and butter
Tea
Chocolate digestives
Chocolate icing.

Damn reality not matching up.

My essay so far goes,
Barthes - infinite meanings. Wimsatt and Beardsly - who cares. Derrida - no meanings. T S Eliot - awesome. all x3.
I feel that I may need to do some weaving together of ideas. And write 1000 more words.

I don't want to leave Exeter, but I've had enough for a while. Last night I realised that even if I was magically completely well, it's probably just as well this term's ending. Before I murder Will and Tom or attempt to get on Alex or Aiden. I'm still going to miss it ridiculous amounts, and I'm not looking forward to the reflective time where I look back and go, what the fuck was I thinking for the first 8 weeks of that term?

Holidays:
Try to read at least one more of the beginning texts from this last term (library) and then two for next term. Sort out how to get books and actually get them this time. Visit Bournemouth and try to be able to look people in the eye. Pub crawl in Newbury with Alice. Visit from Jade and Izzie. Spend time with Vivi. Work out exercise stuff within first day. Get new dress. Continue shoe search. Open NatWest bank account and sort out about Halifax card expiring.

Next term:
24 pounds a week on food and alcohol. 10 pounds a week for going out. Gives me about 120 pounds for other stuff. Aim to go to Plymouth and see Lizzie and Chris. Jog on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays whilst well (who am I kidding). Only buy noodles, peppers, milk, hot dogs, exotic fruit and crumpets on a biweekly basis, get cereal (not fucking shreddies) at beginning of term (>> shredded wheats? could get small box of shredded wheats with sugary stuff too? or special k?).

Right so that sounded like I was organising myself, but actually it was pure procrastination. Back to the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment