Monday 13 December 2010

happy birthday Maya

In my lecture today, they said that everything about us is shaped by environment. When we're born we are a white sheet, we are nothing until we have environmental influences. I don't know what science would say about this... I personally would probably be happier to go with us being blocks of rock, with a sculpture already in them but it depends who's around as to how that sculpture comes out... but if I was a vessel waiting to be filled, a line drawing wanting colouring, I'm glad Maya was there to help out with it. Maya's changed my life, she's made me who I am. I cannot say how thankful I am that she took pity on the weirdo from choir, from her biology class. And I cannot say how much I have enjoyed her company, through gigs, through festivals, through exams, across countries, across time zones, across all situations, in tents, in showers, in buses...

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day, and life.

I cannot wait until I see you next, and I cannot wait to wath Ani Difranco with you. There is no one I'd rather see her with.

No comments:

Post a Comment